If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best high chair for camping or travel is, then we recommend the Baby Delight Go with Me Uplift Deluxe.
Camping can be fun for the entire family, however, when you take kids along you have to consider their big needs. Most parents know this and will clearly take things such as food, diapers, and much more. However, high chairs are also needed just as much as they are at home. Not sure where to find them? We have you covered with the best high chairs for camping on the market.
Each one is specifically designed for the camping world, making them perfect for the outdoors in various terrains. This is not the case for normal high chairs. That means you need one for your child that will work for the camping world, and we have found exactly that. Before we go over the products, we need to tell you about certain things you need in a camping high chair.
By the way, as an Amazon Associate, I earn when buying qualified products through links on my site.
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top 3 Picks…
What to Look for in a High Chair for Camping or Travel
When it comes to camping high chairs, there is a lot one needs to consider over normal versions. Normal types you might see at home are usually designed to fit on level carpet or hardwood services. Others are made for various chairs at the dinner table. This is clearly NOT going to work for the undetermined levels of the outdoors, the surfaces presented, and much more.
That is why you need to be prepared for numerous situations that arise. As a result, your baby’s high chair needs to be capable of a few big things. Let’s go over those now!
Safety is Always First
Every parent, regardless of how old their child gets, wants them to be safe in all they do. This is how all good parents should be, of course. When their children are young, this is an even bigger priority for them. You want to protect your kid and we understand that, big time. Due to that, we wanted to alert you to a few key safety measures you’ll want to look for.
First, the strap, The best is the three-point and five-point straps; both keep your child properly locked into the high chair. You don’t want to risk them falling out of it, of course. You also want to make sure to look at the ages that the high chair is made for. Most are 3 months and up but some might be 6 months and up, so be aware of that. Of course, you also want to look at the maximum weight it can handle too.
The feet and overall chair need to be able to extend out and properly sit on any surface. Why is this a big deal? If it can adapt to the surface it’s on, then the high chair will have better overall traction and not move at any point while your child is inside of it. If by chance it only works one way, then you have to find a surface that fits the product, making life much harder than it needs to be.
More than this, you want to make sure it has passed ALL standard safety testing. There are a few big ones to keep in mind here:
- Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA)
- U.S. American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- EU European High Chair Safety Standards
- Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act Guidelines (CPSIA)
As long as your high chair has passed one or all of these, it should be perfectly safe. If it passes them all, then you have the Fort Knox of High Chairs!
A good quality high chair should hold up without much worry.
It Needs to Be Portable
The beauty of a portable high chair is that they are insanely easy to pack. They fold up or come apart with ease, making them easy storage in your car and tent alike. On top of this, you can grab them in a hurry and fold most of them up on the go within seconds. That makes them truly invaluable to have for those times you’re in a rush.
They pack up as easily as they unpack. If you have a child, you know how important it is to get them fed when they are hungry. Otherwise, you can expect them to be difficult. They’re babies, what are ya gonna do, right? Having that chair ready to unpack and put the kid in within seconds will save headaches for days!
Easy To Clean
When searching for camping high chair, every parent wants to find a chair that won’t be a hassle to clean. Trust us, trying to clean up after a kid can be tough in any normal circumstance. Add in food and random liquids, as well as possible “returned” food and drink, and you have a giant mess that needs to be cleaned.
The best in this field can stand up to that. They will have easy to wipe down fabric and/or plastic, making every parent’s life just a bit easier. When you’re out camping with your kid, the last thing you want to worry about is cleaning their high chair. This is why every single high chair we found and covered below are easy to clean.
With all of this having been said about the products and what to look for, let’s actually dive in and tell you about five of the high chairs for camping on the market today!
Reviews: Camping and Travel High Chairs
Baby Delight Go with Me Uplift Deluxe
- PORTABLE HIGH CHAIR // Provides a quick and convenient spot for your little one to eat or play, from 3-36 months.
- DURABLE FABRIC // The Uplift is standard table height and is made of durable indoor/outdoor fabric that can be easily wiped clean.
- FULLY REMOVABLE TRAY // Includes a convenient cup holder for sippy cups or bottles and is wide enough for a plate. Tray is also dishwasher safe.Simply use a mild soap and damp cloth to wipe down the chair
- ADDED SAFETY // The five-point harness, along with a stable flared leg system provides added safety for your baby.
- QUICK AND MOBILE // Simply lift up on each latch to fold and fit into the included carrying bag. The Uplift is easy to carry wherever you go.
The Baby Delight Go with Me Uplift Deluxe is the ideal high chair to take while you’re out camping. It is extremely portable, something we obviously like to see in the best high chairs for camping. While an outdoor high chair, it also works indoors!
The durable fabric is tremendous for this high chair. It is made out of plastic, polyester, and metal overall but the polyester is very easy to clean. You just need to wipe it after each use like other high chairs.
The table height is standard and they have included a very convenient cup holder for the baby’s sippy cups or bottles. It’s even wide enough to fit a plate. The tray is very useful as it comes off without much fuss, it’s also dishwasher safe!
Safety-wise, the chair has been confirmed to work for babies 3 to 36 months. The five-point harness and stable flared leg system give your baby the best possible safety you can ask for as a parent. It has also been completely certified for proper safety and use by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association.
There’s not much more you can ask for in a high chair for your child honestly.
Ciao! Baby Portable High Chair for Travel
- PORTABLE HIGH CHAIR - Lightweight and flexible design unfolds easily, locks into place, and folds back up in seconds. No assembly required.
- DURABLE MATERIAL - Folding high chair is made of durable nylon and the tray is covered in clear vinyl that easily wipes clean with water. Additionally it features a built in cup holder for all of your baby’s needs.
- EASY TRANSPORT - An innovative, practical solution for families on the go! Portable enough for travel, picnics, camping, vacations, and/or tailgating. Keep one in your car or an extra at grandma’s house!
- FIVE POINT SAFETY HARNESS- Meets US American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and EU European high chair safety standards and all Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) guidelines including lead, phthalates and flammability. Keep your little ones safe and secure!
- FOR CHILDREN UP TO THREE YEARS OLD- Grows with your baby from infant to toddler. Comes with convenient carrying bag. Holds up to: 35 pounds
We like the Ciao! Baby Portable High Chair for Travel a lot. It gives us everything we want in one of the best high chairs for camping. The easy transport with this high chair makes it easy to take anywhere. The company touts its innovative and practical solution with this portable high chair…and we cannot blame them.
The durable materials like nylon are terrific. Meanwhile, the tray is covered in clear vinyl, all of which easily wipes clean. It’ll even do so with those big messes your child is likely to have…you know the ones, the type that they “give back” to the world.
The built-in cup holder is very useful but the safety they added to this chair is just over the top impressive. Of course, they added the common five-point harness but they also put the overall chair through rigorous testing. You cannot be among the best high chairs for camping and not be capable of passing inspections.
They take the gold here as they met the U.S. American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards, the EU European High Chair Safety Standards, and ALL of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) guidelines. This includes the use of lead, phthalates, and flammability.
This chair is also confirmed to hold up to 35 lbs and safe for kids up to 3 years of age.
Summer Infant Pop and Sit Portable Highchair
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR DINING – Whether you’re indoors or out, eating, snacking or just playing, every parent knows a baby high chair is a must have. The Summer Pop ‘n Sit Portable High Chair is perfect for use at home or on the go as a travel high chair!
- COMPACT FOLD – With an innovative pop and fold design plus a fast, easy and compact fold, you can have a space saver highchair and even use the Pop ‘n Sit as a portable highchair for travel!
- EASY CLEANUP – Things can get messy with high chairs for babies and toddlers, but cleanup is a breeze with the Pop ‘n Sit high chairs. They have removable, machine-washable fabric.
- STURDY – The hard plastic tray in this baby and toddler high chair provides a clean place for eating, and is sturdy enough so food will not fall into baby’s lap. It is meant to be used for children 6 months of age (45 pounds).
- INCLUDES – The Summer Pop ‘n Sit Portable Highchair also includes a rear storage pocket, 3-point safety harness, and a storage bag for travel.
While no one will claim this is the safest high chair on our list, it is still a great product. It does the job asked of it so well that we are discussing it. We assume that means it did something right. It is made with high-quality materials that make it easy to clean and comfortable for the child.
The 3-point harness will keep your child safe when you look away, something we all need for peace of mind. Of course, this company tries to do well in safety. That is why their hard plastic tray is BPA-free. The overall tray is safe and sturdy enough that food will stay in place and not fall into their lap or onto the ground. Plus, no rubber feet!
The fabric used is truly great and simple, plus it is easy to clean as it’s machine washable. The convenient read pocket helps keeps things organized for the baby and you. Plus, it is a very portable, an easy setup, and an easy takedown product.
This high chair is confirmed for use in children 6 months to 3 years of age as well as a weight limit of 40lbs.
We feel it is one of the best travel high chairs that one can find, and you’d be hard-pressed to tell us otherwise.
Baby Delight Go with Me Chair
- EXTENDED USE - Portable chair can be used from baby (approximately 3 months) to 75 lb. child and sets up in seconds
- PATENTED DESIGN - As baby grows, the seat fabric lifts to reveal two leg holes perfect for letting baby stand with support
- SAFE & SECURE - 5-point removable harness keeps baby secure and comfortable
- FEATURE LOADED - Removable snack tray, sun canopy and carry bag included
- VERSATILE DESIGN - Great for all outdoor activities: camping, sporting events, beach, etc. with durable indoor/outdoor fabric
We really like this high chair, mostly because they have taken a lot of measures to make sure they can cater to as many families as they can. One way we know this is in the limit on size. While this high chair is cleared for babies 3 months and up, it can handle a child up to 75lbs. This was done to accommodate the growing child.
In fact, the seat is on Velcro, and as the baby grows, you can open up the 2 leg holes that can allow the baby to stand up. It also allows parents to open up areas that the baby no longer needs or cannot fit in. This ability to carry so much weight ensures better safety as the foundation of this chair is perfect. Otherwise, how could it handle 75%?
The Five-Point Harness is very useful but it’s also removable just in case it gets in the way or you have an older child inside it. The harness is comfortable and most children do not have an issue with it.
The removable snack tray is a nice touch along with the sun canopy and carrying bag they included too.
While it may not stand out as much as others, we feel this should rank as one of the best on the market today!
One2Stay Portable Travel High Chair
- Go-Anywhere Portability: Weighing just 5.5lbs (2.5kg), our infant high chairs were made with travel in mind! They effortlessly fold and unfold in seconds, offering a day out with your baby that’s no-hassle. For added convenience, a carrying bag is included.
- In Safe Hands: Designed to meet the strictest safety standards, our high chairs accommodate ages 6-36 months or up to 50lbs! The 5-point safety harness keeps your child securely in place, while our double locking system prevents unintended collapse.
- Comfort Meets Convenience: With a footrest, even the fussiest baby will love our folding high chair! Special design features include a removable BPA-Free tray and seat, as well as storage baskets that are ideal for toys and diapers.
- Trusted By Parents: Designed in the Netherlands, our one-of-a-kind baby eating chairs are patented, ensuring you won’t find them anywhere else! Premium materials like the hard plastic tray and waterproof seat make it both safe and easy to hand wash.
- Shop Risk Free: At One2Stay, we know that all baby products have to be approved by your little one! That’s why we offer a 30-day guarantee on all purchases. If you’re not satisfied with your modern high chair, just return the order for a full refund.
To many, the One2Stay model is not just a great high chair for campers….it’s THE best. In looking into it, we have trouble arguing against that.
It is extremely portable and can be put up, with a baby added, and food to the child all in less than 30 seconds.
The high chair has comfort with a great footrest that babies love. Mom and Dad will love the removable BPA-free tray and seat for easy cleaning. They have also included a nice-size storage basket for diapers and toys. Plus, this thing is as light as a feather.
Of course, parents can trust this One2Stay model. The Five-Point Harness is useful, with child security being a big deal. They also added the One2Stay-patented double locking system that prevents possible collapse. To top it off, this whole thing is 300D Waterproof!
It is confirmed to hold up to 55lbs. However, they make sure to let you know a child needs to be at least 6 months before sitting in this high chair.
Try it risk-free, as they are all given a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you do not feel this is among the best out there, you can return it without any issue.
We have done all the work for you when it comes to these impressive products. Finding the best high chairs for camping was certainly not easy in the slightest. It is kind of a niche thing, of course. Yet we found them and did all the research. Now, you’re prepared to buy. The question is, which of these great high chairs will you pick?