If you’re in a hurry and just want to find out what the best camping fan for tents camping are, then we recommend the Geek Aire Fan.
With Spring and Summer coming, we will all likely be out camping and having fun outdoors. Yet with this fun comes one very big thing, the sun. That’s right, the sun will be out and warmer weather will be coming. It is at this time that we need one of the best camping fans around.
They can be key assets for each and every single person. Not only will they help keep you cool but they can also help to reduce heat exhaustion and/or heat stroke. Both are very different yet both are also quite dangerous.
By the way, as an Amazon Associate, I earn when buying qualified products through links on my site.
When it gets hot out, both are big worries for people. It is obvious that you need to reduce the heat whenever possible. These fans can help you sleep better at night and even help with breathing if it gets too humid with the warmth.
That said, we decided to make a list to show you some of the best camping fans on the market today. Before we jump into them, however, we need to go over some important things for each fan. Some of these are, of course, more important than others. However, all are useful to think about.
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top 3 Picks…
What Do The Best Camping Fans Have in Common
It is clear that battery life is very important to know about. The reason for this is that you need to know how long you have until it’s gone. It’ll help you determine when and where to use it on top of the settings you may need to put it on to help it last longer for you.
This is very important to know about if you’re camping with children or elderly people. The sun will affect them a bit differently compared to the rest of us. As a result, they could get into heat-influenced trauma much faster. If your fan is nearly dead until its next charge, someone else may be dead soon after.
Therefore, you need to be aware of battery life. The average for these fans can differ. Some last 6 hours while others can last nearly a day. It all depends on how they are made.
The airflow involved with one of these fans can be both useful and not that big of a deal. Honestly, it just depends on the person. However, proper airflow typically involves how much space it can cool down as well as even how hard the fans blow air out.
This is also important in the CFM rate. This is the Cubic Feet per Minute, which basically measures how much room a fan can blow air into. Indoor and outdoor fans will be different here, so you’ll need to keep an eye on this. Get as accurate a measurement of your tent as you can to get the proper CFM Airflow number.
A good camping fan will usually have some level of great portability. This is basically going to come down to how heavy a fan might be compared to others. The bulk and the way it must be carried will also be important to factor in.
For example, if the fan is 5lbs then it’s pretty light and worth carrying. However, if it’s huge and hard to carry, then even at a lighter weight, it’s not very portable. Therefore, you need to factor in how easy it will be to carry a specific fan.
Most of us tend to get used to the sound a fan makes after a while. However, some can be downright loud! This can make it hard to sleep when using one at night. It can also be distracting to have around if you’re planning to go hunting or fishing.
Noise levels will certainly be an issue when quiet time is needed. Some fans offer practically no noise at all while others may be louder than your sister after her first drinking spell. In the end, the noise level you can stand is the best to go with. This may also come down to the level everyone who comes with you can stand too.
Review: Best Camping Fans for Tents
Geek Aire Fan, Battery Operated Floor Fan
- ✔ Dare to Be Different: The stable fan structure based on aerodynamic and the advanced brushless DC motor makes this rechargeable floor fan produce a quiet and strong wind. The wind speed transition is stable even you change the speed randomly.
- ✔ High Quality Battery: Our battery fan has built in the 12000mAh battery which capacity is higher than other outdoor battery fan. We use the latest fast charging technology, when other battery less than 12000mAh took 5-6 hour to fully charged, our fan only need 2-3 hour to fully charged. We pursue quality and hope that you too.
- ✔ Ideal for Outdoor: This rechargeable floor fan can run up to 20 hours after a full recharge. That is enough to satisfy your needs for a few days trip. In addition, the stability and portable design makes this rechargeable fan be suitable for outdoor use, such as BBQ, camping, fishing, outdoor sports etc.
- ✔ Suitable for Indoor: This floor fan adopts the upgraded pitched propeller blade design to provide soft and comfort breeze. Its cordless and battery design makes it fit in any room position. You can use this fan as a indoor floor fan, an air circulator fan and an outdoor fan. You deserve to have this revolutionary rechargeable fan.
- ✔ High Quality and Service: Sturdy metal frame and blade, durable paint surface, you can feel the high-quality. We focus on providing excellent service, any issue will be resolved in 24 hours.
This option ranks, to us, as one of the better fans one can use when camping. It is cleared for both indoor and outdoor use, giving it multi-purpose capabilities. While it can last well indoors, it is perfect for the outdoors due to being water-resistant.
That means you can get this sucker a little wet and never worry about its condition. Although, you should not leave it outside in a rainstorm obviously.
The structure of this fan works on a DC motor that is built to offer a quiet yet powerful wind. They have made it to where the wind speed transition will be stable regardless of the speed changes.
It has a great aerodynamic design that works off of a 15,600 mAh battery. It takes about 4 to 6 hours to charge many fans with batteries like this but the team at Geek Aire found a way to reduce this to 3 to 4 hours.
The overall fan will run up to 24 hours when fully charged, which is designed to be perfect for things such as camping and BBQs. Since it is rechargeable, you won’t have to worry about buying batteries all the time. It could literally do a BBQ then camping the next day with you.
This fan offers comfort, especially with an airflow of up to 1,500 CFM. It is also durable and therefore capable of being dropped or turned over randomly. The metal frame combined with durable quality in its design makes it a perfect outdoor fan. Thus, one of the best camping fans too.
On top of this, the team offers high-quality service. If you have any issues, call them and they will help to resolve it within 24 hours.
COMLIFE Battery Operated Fan
- 【THE BIGGEST 11-INCH RECHARGEABLE FAN】What is the biggest fan size that 5V USB power sources and batteries can drive? 9 inch? No! With COMLIFE advanced technology, we’ve broke the limit and make it up to 11 inch for a wider area coverage! With 3.5W low working power, it is energy-saving and cost-effective to use. Larger size but lower power consumption, it’s best companion in hot summer!
- 【LARGE CAPACITY RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES】It comes with 2pcs 2200mAh batteries. Installed with fully charged batteries, the fan can work wirelessly for 2-4 hours. Even power cut out suddenly, there is no external power supply around, you still can enjoy the cool breeze.
- 【BATTERY POWERED OR USB POWERED FAN】 The fan not only works with battery, it also can be powered by USB power sources, like power bank, laptop, charging adapter(not included) or other devices with USB output(5V/1.5A).
- 【POWERFUL AND QUIET】Large diameter quality blades, powerful brushless motor move air effectively and quietly, cooling you down and keeping spaces well-ventilated and more comfortable. Three speed settings and 360 degrees rotatable head for maximum cooling effectiveness.
- 【QUALITY-RELIABLE & PRATICAL】The sturdy painted metal housing crafted from industrial grade material. Detachable front cover for easy cleaning. High-quality copper motor, anti-vibration pads, and classic black color make it durable to use and look exquisite. Perfect for using in bedroom, drawing room, kitchen, office, school, camping, emergency, outage, etc.
COMLIFE knows how to make good fans but the one thing that hurts them, if anything, is the battery life. Everything else is usually perfect. The size is tremendous as it does not get much bigger than an iPad in height.
The 11-Inch option is the best buy compared to the 9-inch type. However, both are great depending on the needs.
It contains a 3.4W low working power, allowing it to be energy-saving and overall cost-effective for you.
The batteries are 2pcs 2,200 mAh type, which allows it to work wirelessly for up to 4 hours. This is perfect for indoors in that, if the power goes out while it is plugged in, it’ll still work. However, this is also helpful for outdoor use too.
It can also work via USB. So if you have a powered iPad or Laptop around, it’ll use the juice from that to operate too. This may also work with some phones too. The USB output is a 5V/1.5A.
It is an extremely quiet fan but powerful when in use. With a 360-degree rotation ability, it has 3 speeds to work with. This allows it to cover a very large area. While it uses a copper motor, it also employs anti-vibration pads, with the metal housing being made of industrial-strength material. You can see quickly why it is a beloved outdoor fan.
Odoland Camping Fan With LED Lantern
- Why you need this great camping gear: Spending a night outdoors is something everyone should experience. So you want something to help you see at night. A lantern is super useful for camping so you can make your way around the campsite and your tent easily in the dark.
- Versatile light/fan: Ultra Bright 18 individual low powered LED bulbs. The fan has high and low settings to provide nice air circulation and lit up the tent nicely. You can orient in so many positions.
- Powerful fan speed and bright lighting: High quality brushless motor for whisper operation, max wind speed 10ft/s, strong airflow and 2 setting speeds, it's great to fresh the air and keep you cool.
- The extremely lightweight build allows you to take your lantern on the go with ease. When not in use collapse the lantern to a smaller size; store it effortlessly, taking little space.
- Light up to 37 hours of regular, continuous use with enough battery capacity. 2 D batteries can keep the fan work for 5 hrs in high speed mode, and 15 hrs in low speed mode, 20 hrs for led light (Battery is not included).
Another from the world of small fans, this option from Odoland is terrific. The best part about it is that it’s actually a 2-in-1 fan. Not only do you get the fan itself, but you also get a terrific LED light too.
It is stacked with 18 ultra-bright LED lights. When just the light is in use, it can work for up to 37 hours in one full charge. The lights and fan overall are very well made, as they are quite literally military grade. This ensures long-term durability, regardless of where you take it.
The fan has 2 settings, a low and high mode. While it may not seem like it, these 2 modes are more than enough. The low setting can essentially keep a tent cool for up to 15 hours on one charge. Meanwhile, at high speed the entire time, the fan can only work for up to 5 hours.
The best part is that this fan is made to clip or hang up in a tent, so you can easily make it operate similar to your fan/light in your room at home. It is extremely lightweight, so you can take it pretty much anywhere without having to worry about weight or even space.
While many small fans are blah, Odoland made sure what was not the case on their way to making one of the best camping fans around!
O2COOL Treva Battery Powered Fan
- PERFECT OUTDOOR REFRESHMENT: Keep yourself cool with this convenient travel fan that's perfect for the great outdoors! Treva by O2Cool is perfect for camping and the great outdoors!
- A POWERFUL 2 SPEED COOLING SYSTEM: Choose between two speeds to get moderate or powerful airflow. Patented blade design and a 10" diameter to offer a wide range of cooling everywhere!
- CONVENIENT DESIGN FOR EASY TRAVEL: The fan itself becomes its own carrying case with a handle for simple portability. It runs on 6 D batteries (not included) for outdoor fun or blackouts!
- ADJUSTABLE LED LIGHTS: Use the fan for your own personal lighting station outside or in your home! 3 light settings light up surroundings during power outages or the under the night sky.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL FOR ANY LOCATION: The fan comes with an AC adapter port so in case you want to use it in the comfort of your home, you'll be able to plug it in the wall of your bedroom or office!
O2COOL may have made the most portable and compact outdoor fan on the market. While it might be one of our best camping fans, it would be wrong to say it was THE best fan. Yet if you were going to be hiking, climbing, or merely camping…this may end up being the best fan to take.
The reason we feel this way is that O2COOL made a compact fan that essentially folds in and out. When it folds up, it stores with ease, almost as if it was made specifically for someone to carry around in a backpack. You can then carry it around like a case, as the handle is present.
The team did know what they were doing when designing it. They claim it was made specifically for travel, yet they made it perfect for ALL travel. Not just a car ride to the grandparents’ house for Thanksgiving.
It only has 2 speeds for the fan but both do more than enough for you to get a lot out of the fan. This option also has LED lights, but it is more of a lighting station. This is set up with 3 different light settings to give you lighting when you need it, at a scale perfect for various situations.
It is multi-functional too. It can use an AC Adaptor Port for the wall yet it also works off of 6 D batteries too. While it does operate manually, it can also be set to an automatic mode. When in this “energy-saving” position, it likely has the best battery life use of any fan today.
One customer claimed that her fan on just the batteries had been working for 2 days, as it went from low to high. To get over 48 hours of battery life is incredible, but this may not be the same for everyone. Thus far, the average is at least 24 to 35 hours.
Overall, it is easy to see why so many love this fan. It is surely one of the best camping fans on the market, without question.
Truly, deciding between one of the fans on our list can be hard. However, we feel this comes down to what you need the most. Everyone does not have the same need. Thus, you may feel a certain fan is best for you.
If you’re someone who will do light camping, then the COMLIFE and OPOLAR options are likely your best picks. If you need one that can handle things with toughness, perhaps the Odoland option would fit you best.
Meanwhile, if you need something that can work for pretty much any condition, then the option from Geek Aire is likely where you should go. However, if it all comes down to battery life and portability for you, then there is no question that you should go with the O2COOL option.
In the end, you cannot go wrong with any of them. They are among the best camping fans on the market for a reason!